Using a different power supply for the 2170/2171 Bit-Drivers.
Category: 2170 & 2171 USB 1.1 to Fiber Bit-Driver
Date Posted: 05/17/05
I have the USB over fiber 2170/2171 devices and I operate them with the external power supply S.I. Tech #2164 (12VDC).
I would like to get your advice - I would like to operate it with other power
supply of Lambda LUT series, that supplies 15VDC (regulated).
- Is it possible to use 15VDC without damaging the device?
- What is the power consumption of the device?
- The 2171 hub supplies the power to the USB devices through the USB port (12VDC I think). Will it continue to
supply the 12 VDC to the USB ports?
- It is possible to use 15 VDC, center pin positive.
- The 2170 is 2 Watts and the 2171 is 2 Watts + 3.5 Watts Max per powered port.
- Each USB port can be powered with 5 VDC up to 500 mA.
Back to Technical Support