Installation procedure for the 2505
Bit-Driver and Windows 98 computer.
Category: 2505 RS-232 to Fiber Bit-Driver Card
Date Posted: 06/12/03
Could you please tell me how to install the 2505 modem on a Win 98 machine.
What actually needs to be done in windows?
To install the 2505 on a Win98 machine, perform the following:
- There is no software to install.
- Connect the 2505 to the PC's RS232 port.
- Try to send data through the RS232 port. If the LEDs do not blink, change the DTE/DCE switch setting. Try to
send data again.
- How is the remote end configured? Make sure the TR on one 2505 connects to the REC of the other and vice versa.
- If the above does not work, change the DTE/DCE switch setting of the remote 2505 and try to send data again.
Back to Technical Support